Monday, July 06, 2009

New job and new (old) vehicle!

I am now officially the new Librarian Supervisor at the Central Branch of Greater Victoria Public Library and it really feels great! I had my first day today and I'm very much looking forward to being challenged and learning a whole variety of new skills, not to mention getting to supervise and interact with an exceptional staff each day! I moved into my office and spent a lot of time meeting with my boss. It's going to be s steep learning curve, but I'm up to it!

Caitlin and I also just purchased a sweet new vehicle and by new, I mean that it's 19 years old! Behold the new Bingmobile:

It's a 1990 Nissan Axxess (double x = so cool)--a mini mini-van! Caitlin absolutely loves this vehicle more than any newer vehicle that we either looked at or test drove! It's a total dorkmobile, but we're okay with that because it's perfect for hauling camping gear and our guitars/amps/people, plus it's in nice shape, has low mileage, and the price was right! What's not to like?! We're just waiting for an official name for her, which has been commissioned from a valued member of our circle and should arrive soon! Even as I type this, Caitlin is going on about how awesome this vehicle looks and how much she adores it. Earlier, she said it looks 'friendly', whatever that means!

That's all for now!

5 comments:

Marcella said...

So impressed with your new job!! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Caitlin, you should be a car model. You have good posture and all the right moves...

Randy

Eric said...

Caitlin friggin' cracks me up - in a good way. Glad to hear about the new job/promotion. Bing man's on his way up!

Megan said...

hmm not sure what to say.. But if Caitlin thinks its 'friendly then why not call it Casper as in Casper the friendly Ghost.
-F

DP said...

Saweeeeet ride.

We'll go cruisin! Whhooop whoooooop!!!