Friday, July 03, 2009

Voulez-vous aller camper?

I have realized that the responsibility for updating the Binghams' blog has fallen to the Renegade Librarian half of the marriage and so I'm going to be doing my best to keep it up for those near and far who like to know what's going on with us.

*

Caitlin and I had our first camping excursion together with some of our friends a few weekends ago. Because I was working all day on Saturday we were only able to go up for one night, but it was such a fun and relaxing time. I love being outdoors and away from everything. Admittedly, our sleeping arrangement was not that comfy, but somehow I managed to get more sleep than I thought I would.

One of the other things we love about camping is the food because it seems everything tastes better when you're outside. My friend Rob made amazing gourmet burgers on these flatbread buns--they were an unforgettable taste sensation! We then sat around the fire that night and talked about...well, a lot of funny stuff to do with flatulence. Yeah, I know, we're a bunch of ten year olds! And the funny thing is, I didn't even start it!

A few shots from the weekend, compliments of Rob and the lovely C.E. Bingham:












We had a great time and look forward to getting out there again later in the summer! Thanks to the Campbells and the Andrews for inviting us up and feeding us! You guys are rad!

No comments: