Sunday, August 09, 2009

introducing...Neko

After much subtle and not-so-subtle hinting, Caitlin finally got her wish of getting a cat. Recently I had been put under a bit more pressure by my lovely wife to invest in feline companionship. For approximately...the duration of our marriage she'd politely asked me if we could get a cat and my stock answer was always "no, not in a million years." I have been willing to acquiesce to almost every other request Caitlin has made of me, but I had never been able to bring myself to say yes to getting a cat. I still do not really know what changed my mind, but changed it was and thus Neko has entered our life.

Without further ado, Neko:







The character appearing in some of these shots with Neko is called Angry Bird. We don't know why, that's what it said on the package. These days, Neko has settled into Casa del Bingham very nicely and is learning how to be naughty (now that she is comfortable here), including jumping up on the counters/tables and scratching the couch and carpets. Good times.

3 comments:

Jaye said...

Neko has the biggest feet! And you're as bad as your dad...props on an animal. Enjoy her, she looks very laid back and frisky at the same time.

Jason said...

You never said anything to me about you getting a cat! As you well know I'm not a huge cat person and would never by my own volition have one in my house. However I can respect other's wives oppinions and their love for cats even if every time the beast looks at me I sense him thinking . . ."how many ways could I kill you?" Especially in Pic 5 with Caitlin.
Angry Bird on the other hand is hilarious!

DP said...

Have I mentioned that your cat is adorable!?! Just making sure!
DP