Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November

We are making an effort to update the Bingham blog more often for those of you who live far away and see little of us. We have been remiss in this, for the most part, so we're making sure that we try to stay on top of it.

November has been a good month for Caitlin and I. We celebrated my sister Laura's birthday on November 1st with a trip to one of her favourite restaurants. It is strange for me to watch my little sister grow up; she is now 27, a wife, and a mother. I remember walking her as a toddler and I also have clear memories of walking her to her first day of grade 2. Now, she's all growed up!

Caitlin and I also went up to Nanaimo a couple weekends ago for the traditional Thanksgiving dinner (late this year for a variety of reasons) with my Port Alberni family at the home of lifelong family friends of ours. The meal was fantastic and little Ryan, our nephew, was really well behaved...until the drive down when he screamed for the first 45 minutes to an hour! Here are some photos of the day:

Ryan in one of his peaceful times:


Ryan with my father, a.k.a. Grandpa Bingham:


This past weekend Caitlin and I went away to a lovely little place called Honeysuckle Cottage on Salt Spring Island, one of the southern Gulf Islands for those of you unfamiliar with the geography surrounding Vancouver Island. I had decided a few weeks back that Caitlin needed to get away for a weekend, so off we trekked to Salt Spring together on Friday after we were done work. It was a lovely time of renewal, relaxation, conversation, and beautiful scenery for the two of us. I had an opportunity to catch up on a bit of reading I had wanted to do, we watched a couple movies, went for a really enjoyable walk, had tea at a cute cafe and enjoyed some really good beer and red wine! We even got in a quick visit with my Uncle Ron before we left. Some snaps from the weekend:




It was tough to leave the cottage, but we'll be back there again, I'm sure! It's hard to believe that it's only a month until Christmas! We hope that you and yours are well and happy...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey only screamed from Nanaimo to Ladysmith!!!! Your such and exaggerator!

Anonymous said...

I mean "you'RE such and exaggerator!"

Anonymous said...

really a nice place to visit , if you are tired and bored by the busy city life you can relax over there. i had been there before with my friends with the help of gabriola gables services if you too like to go gulf island you can simply visit the website http://www.gabriolagables.com/ for more details