Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Canada Day Roadtrip or Fun with Ryan and Cindy!

We had an extremely fun Canada Day as we road-tripped to Coombs (three cheers for the goats on the roof!) with our friends Ryan and Cindy. It was a gorgeous sunny day as we set out at 9:00 in the morning in the Corolla (International Car of the Librarian) with my Oh Canada! playlist blaring (all Canadian artists, all the time!). We stopped at the Pioneer House Restaurant (?) for a tasty breakfast and then continued on to the thriving Coombs market, which was HOPPING. We bought some gourmet stuff from the market, the girls tried on hippie dresses (while Ryan and I talked man stuff like....power tools and stuff), and we scored sweet waffle cones full of ice cream delights. I also rode a bear:


Cindy opted for a more traditional steed, as you can see:


I wonder how successful I was at mimicking this fish's face:


Caitlin and I learned, much to our delight, that Ryan is able to mimic the bleat of a goat better than any human being alive--it's incredible! I thought I was going to stumble into traffic along the highway at one point because I was laughing so hard. That guy is SO money...

It was a really fantastic day of travel and better getting to know two people for whom we have a deep affection and respect. We both look forward to many more good times with Ryan and Cindy in the future!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt, I was happy to find your blog. It looks like you are having a great time.

I am living in Cambridge. I teach and develop courses for a college in Toronto. My work has nothing to do with libraries, though.

Jim