Friday, May 02, 2008

sorry for the delay...

We realize it's been a long time since we updated our blog and so much has happened to us over the past month! We have happily settled into our new home and are very much enjoying having our own space. Here are some pictures:

Here is our living room:


The living room from another angle:


The kitchen, complete with the sweet moveable island we bought to improve our counter space:


Our entrance/dining room complete with our china cabinet and sweet coat hanger thingy:


Our bedroom, small but cozy:


The view of the house from the road (entrance to our suite is through the carport beside my green Corolla):


The lovely green front lawn, which we have a great view of from our place:


The "compound", where Caitlin and guests park their vehicles (street is super narrow and therefore there is no parking):

The backyard is huge:


Another shot from in the backyard:


And a view looking the other way in the backyard--it's really gigantic:


So, that's our place! We are really enjoying it and we hope that the pictures convey at least some of its peace and beauty.

In other news, I (Matt) have been hired as an auxiliary librarian by Greater Victoria Public Library. It's been a long time coming and I am absolutely thrilled to be there--I have been welcomed with open arms and it has been great to both meet new people and also catch up with those whom I spent the better part of eight years working with previously when I was a page. It's wonderful to be a professional and finally be working in my chosen field. Thanks so much to all the GVPL staff who have made me feel so welcome over during my first few days on the job. I am really looking forward to my work and what the future holds for me. I have been told that I will be getting called in a lot and there should be no shortage of hours for me, which is encouraging.

Well, there's the long-awaited (by some of you) update from the Binghams. We hope you are all well--God bless...

5 comments:

impactmatt said...

great photos!!! loving the new place!!! so many exclamations marks!!!!

Tangira said...

... I just dropped by for a wee look, in a virtual sense. What a lovely place you have - quite cozy indeed.

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt Nice pictures of your place but small bedroom.
love chelsea
I like the moveable island and the big backyard love sarah

Anonymous said...

love the place, love the job news but i am curious ... where might you have worked before the library young sir?

Mark Koopman said...

Dude, with the bedroom shots I believe the expected caption is "Where the magic happens". Anyways nice place dude, and congrats on the job.