Wednesday, March 12, 2008

high time for an update!

Hello all!

Well, we thought that it was high time that we updated our blog and let everyone know what's going on in our lives.

Caitlin found work with Microserve, the company she used to work for before we were married, as the Staffing Coordinator for their Victoria office and she is enjoying the work very much. I am still applying for jobs and waiting to hear back, as well as hoping that the Greater Victoria Public Library lockout/strike ends soon that I can have a long-promised interview, which we all pray will lead to some work for me. I am filling my time with lots of interesting things: seeing friends, volunteering, doing a bit of paid labour here and there, blogging, reading, and taking care of the day-to-day details while Caitlin works. I get discouraged at times, but life is too good and being back in Victoria is too wonderful to stay down for long.

We have gotten involved in helping out with the senior high youth group at our church (my best friend, Andy, is the youth pastor there) and that has been fun so far as there is a great group of kids that we are starting to get to know. In addition, I have been playing some music and Caitlin and I may be doing a show together at our friends' cafe downtown sometime in the next couple months, which is both fun and a bit stressful as we need to find some things to play!

We move into our own place in a couple weeks, which we are both very excited about. We are living in the lower suite of my mother's best friend's new house. It is a lovely large suite, very bright, with lots of storage and it is out in the country in a beautiful area! We are really looking forward to having our own space, as nice as it has been to be hosted by family and live rent-free! We bought a second car, after much deliberation, because Caitlin's work and my (hopefully soon-to-be) work made it necessary do so--there is no bus route where our new place is, sadly.

This weekend we are heading out to a bed and breakfast near where we had the first part of our honeymoon, which was my Valentine's Day gift to Caitlin. The spot is gorgeous--right on the water. We have our own little suite with a kitchenette and bunch of other amenities.

We always welcome comments and e-mails (mattyandcaitlin@yahoo.ca) as we love hearing from all of you, near and far! Until our next post, God bless and take care...

1 comment:

impactmatt said...

Thanks for the update Big Daddy Bing! Still working on my ten commandments... I am only on three so far! I am a far less demanding religious icon!!! Ha!